No matter how big or small your wedding is, no matter where your venue is or what your dress is like, the thing that you will both remember in the years to come will be how you felt standing looking in to each other’s eyes and pledging to love each other.
Words are powerful things. As your celebrant I will really listen to what you want, and will use my experience and intuition to carefully craft a ceremony that is unique to you – a ceremony in which you recognise your voices and your words.
What I provide is not a cut-and-paste ceremony with your names simply inserted in the gaps. It is very important to me that your ceremony reflects you – your story, your beliefs (if any) and your sense of humour. Even with a simple wedding, I spend a lot of time making sure that your ceremony is unique and memorable. I have loved this work ever since I started out as a celebrant, and I love it even more now that I am able to marry same-gender couples…about time!
It is essential that your celebrant is registered with the Department of Internal Affairs, so that they can legally marry you. You can find me listed on their website under organisational marriage celebrants.
What does it mean when a celebrant is ‘fully-trained’?
It isn’t a legal requirement for marriage celebrants to be fully-trained, so you may be wondering what the benefits are of choosing someone who is.
As a fully-trained and registered celebrant, you can be confident that:
- I fully understand the legalities of the process, and will make sure that everything is in order.
- as a member of the Celebrants’ Association of New Zealand (CANZ), I follow the association’s Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics and high professional standards.
- I will be committed to crafting a beautiful, unique ceremony that reflects your personalities.
- I have the training and experience to think on my feet and problem-solve when unexpected things crop up
- I can diplomatically negotiate the stressful family situations that can arise in the lead-up to a wedding!
Religious and/or spiritual beliefs can be a sensitive issue. Although I am a spiritual (but non-religious) person, I would never push my own beliefs onto you.
Your ceremony will always reflect you, and I am completely open to whatever beliefs you do or don’t want included in your ceremony. I will always approach your ceremony with respect and tolerance.
So that you can decide if I am the right fit for you, I am happy to have an obligation-free first meeting:
- 30 minutes to 1 hour
- either at my home or at an alternative venue to suit us both
- can take place over the phone or Skype if your wedding is in Auckland but you don’t live here
- we all decide whether we are a good fit to work together
- based on your requirements, I will confirm my fee
See Pricing for information on my fees.
Contact me if you would like to arrange an obligation-free first meeting, or if you have any questions.